Daniel Tiger Birthday Cake

My nephew Henry turned 4 yesterday! He had a GRR-rific Daniel Tiger Birthday Party complete with all his friends from school! I hadn't heard of Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, but I researched it online and learned that it is a cartoon about the children of the characters from Mr. Rogers Neighborhood of Make Believe. Kinda cool! Anyway, I thought I would share the cake I made along with a few of the decorations that my husband's family made. 



The cake is covered with buttercream icing. I used fondant for the decorations. The characters are from a cake kit my mother-in-law bought online. 
And of course I also bought the #4 candle.

The trolley is made from rice krispies treats covered in fondant. I used skewers to attach it to the cake. O the owl lives in the oak tree 
and Katerina Kittycat lives in the tree house next door.

Prince Wednesday lives in the castle. 
I secured him to the cake board using buttercream icing.

Miss Elaina lives in the Museum-Go-Round.

To fill up the unused space, I added a banner with my nephew's 
name to the front and fondant circles to the sides and back.


Henry loved that I made him a Daniel Tiger cake, but I also wanted to share some of the decorations because they were just so cute! PBS Parents has all kinds of ideas for food, activities, decorations and favors plus free printables.


Party Favors

Activity Table with Coloring Pages and Craft Supplies


It was a great birthday party and Henry and his friends had a blast!


You can check out more of my cakes and creations HERE


~ Randi

Follow me on pinterest and instagram @rarich21



Comments