DIY Baby Closet Dividers

I've seen baby closet dividers on Etsy, but I couldn't find exactly what I wanted and didn't want to pay for shipping. This baby girl has given me DIY project fever, so I just decided to make them myself. Let me tell you, it is really easy!




I started out with some wooden "O" letters that I found fairly cheap at Hobby Lobby.


Then I painted the back side (I just picked a side and called it the back) using acrylic paint. I chose to do half pink and half green. I let it dry about 30 minutes.



Next I traced the "O" shape onto the backside of some scrapbook paper.


You can cut out the entire "O" or just the outside. I did just the outside because I didn't want to have to worry as much about lining it up on the wooden letter. If you have a silhouette, you could cut them out on that too.

Next I covered the front side of each "O" with Mod Podge and placed the scrapbook paper "O" on top smoothing out any bubbles. Note: If you use a paint brush like I did, make sure you wash it out immediately so it doesn't stick to the bristles. Another option would be to use a cheap foam brush.



I let it dry about 10-15 minutes and then flipped them over and used an 
x-acto knife to cut out the center of the "O". 



I used scrapbook stickers for the letters and the crowns. Then I put a coat of Mod Podge on top of the scrapbook paper and let it dry 10 minutes. I added one more coat of Mod Podge and let it dry another 10 minutes. 



Then Dustyn just hung them on the rod and we place the clothes in the appropriate sections.


~ Randi

Follow me on pinterest and instagram @rarich21

Comments