Little Man or Little Miss Gender Reveal Party

June was an exciting month for us! (And apparently July too since I'm just now posting this! haha) We found out the gender of our first baby and also celebrated my 30th birthday! We chose to find out the gender at the ultrasound along with my dad and Dustyn’s mom; however, we hosted a gender reveal party on my 30th birthday to share our exciting news with close friends and family.




I created a pink or blue table so as guests arrived they could vote pink or blue and leave a name suggestion on their “ballot”.  Once everyone arrived, someone called all of the names out. It was fun to see what everyone wrote. We had suggestions ranging from “Ashlyn” to “Beyonce” for a girl and “Jackson” to “Dustyn Jr.” for a boy.

Little Man or Little Miss? Cast Your Vote and Leave a Name Suggestion


I ordered the “Little Man or Little Miss” items as well as the “Team Blue” and “Team Pink” stickers online from EZ Party Zone. I got all of the candy from Party City. I already had the glass bowls since we had a candy bar at our wedding. For voting, I created a sign in word and had Dustyn print it on cardstock. We just folded it in half to make a table tent. Then I just added blue and pink post-its and some pens.







For the wall, I used the “Little Man or Little Miss” streamers and filled in with cheap streamers I got at Arnes. Of course you can get them almost anywhere, but I just love having an excuse to go to Arnes! I made the mini tissue paper flowers and taped them to the streamers.



I didn’t have any special pink or blue foods, because this is Texas and it was my birthday, we had Mexican food. :) We had fajitas, enchiladas, chips, salsa, queso. It was soo good!! For dessert my mother-in-law decorated bite sized brownies with pink and blue icing. Since it was also my 30th birthday, I opted not to get a cake and instead to get stuff to make sno-cones. 


It was a huge hit and I highly recommend it for your next party! There is a place in Houston called Ice Express. You bring them your ice chest, they fill it up with “snow”, plus you can buy sno-cone syrup and all of the serving supplies. The best part, we spent less than $40 for all of it!
On to the reveal... We decided to do a box of balloons and silly string. My original plan was to let the great-grandmothers open a box of balloons and give all of the other guests silly string. Well my Mammaw ended up getting sick and not being able to come to the party, so Dustyn and I assisted his grandma in opening the box.


I took a box we had in the garage and covered it with Chalkboard spray paint. I had to do 2 coats, but I loved the results. The little five year old girl inside of me was soo excited to buy new chalk and decorate the box. Dustyn and his mom ordered balloons from party city and Dustyn taped the strings to the bottom of the box so they wouldn’t blow away. We practiced a few times to make sure the balloons would come out easily. For the Silly String, we went to several dollar stores and bought every bottle we could find. We took off the lid and covered the color on the front with scrapbook stickers from Hobby Lobby.








Once everyone had arrived and eaten, we did the big reveal. It’s a Girl! <3









Comments