Super Easy Toy Story Cake

Toy Story is one of my favorite Disney Movies. I've seen all three of them a ton of times, so I was super excited when I found out my nephew wanted to have a Toy Story party. Since I'm pregnant, the goal was to make a cute cake that wasn't too much work. 


I started out by making a batch of cake mix and buttercream icing. I suggest the recipes found here. I colored most of the icing blue, leaving a small amount of white for the border, and used the blue icing to cover the cake.


For the decorations, I purchased white fondant and then used gel food color to get the colors I needed. Using an xacto knife, I free-handed the clouds the Happy Birthday sign using the Toy Story logo as a guide. For the stars, I used 2 different sizes of fondant cutters. For the rope, I colored some of the fondant brown and used an extruder to pump out 3 long strings of fondant that I twisted together. Then I used a small amount of water to "glue" the decorations to the cake. 



To finish it off, I added a simple star border around the bottom and a few Toy Story characters that I purchased at Target and Toys R Us. Not only was this cake super easy to make, my nephew was so excited when he saw it! And I managed to squeeze my baby bump into my Toy Story alien shirt! :)




~ Randi

Follow me on pinterest and instagram @rarich21

Comments