Modern Girly Nursery




Our baby girl could be here anytime in the next 6 weeks (EEK!), so I guess it's time to reveal the nursery! I didn't want a traditional theme, so we went with what I call modern girly using mint, pink, and gold as the main design colors.




I knew I wanted the furniture to be white, so we decided to paint the crib wall pink. Then my friend Tina, came and painted these beautiful clouds using pinks, mint, and white. (Isn't she crazy talented??!) She also made the name to hang over the crib. The wire and wall anchor pieces are from Home Depot and were spray painted gold. The name is made from wooden letters spray painted gold and a mint banner from Hobby Lobby. She then used gold spray painted clothes pins to hang the letters and added a decorative pink ribbon.




I absolutely love ANYTHING that's personalized with Harper's name, but my FAVORITE purchase is this monogram from Monogram Lane. It came unfinished and then we spray painted it with gold and glitter. I love it!!



For extra storage, we got this shelving unit and storage boxes from Ikea. I bought the "book end" and owl lamp on clearance at Hobby Lobby. The "book end" was orange and pink so I had to repaint it. I also made the wooden name blocks using a tutorial from the Silhouette America Blog




In the corner we put a glider from Babies R Us and wall art from Hobby Lobby. I also added a "mobile" over the chair. Instead of adding a light bulb to it, I hung crystals from the center for added visual interest.




 I just love this blanket that Dustyn's mom gave us. I ordered the elephant pillow from Etsy.


On the other side of the glider, I put a night stand to hold the breast pump supplies, bibs, and burp cloths. It also holds Dustyn' favorite "toy" in the nursery, the baby monitor camera! He also picked out the tree, another Hobby Lobby purchase and I made the alphabet wall art using my Silhouette.


I got the idea to decorate both light switch covers from Taylor over at  Taylor Made Blog. She has TONS of great ideas!


The other wall is home to the dresser/changing table. The drawers are full of wipes, diapers, and baby toiletries that I have been stock piling using coupons. The 3 larger wall art pieces are from Hobby Lobby (I love when they have their home goods 50% off!). The top piece is one I made using an owl craft punch. You can see that tutorial here.




Here is a picture of the closet. We have only had one of our three showers and this baby girl already has more clothes than I do! (And more pairs of shoes than her daddy!)



I made clothes organizers to help us keep the sizes separated. 
You can check out how easy it is to do here





And that's the grand tour! I love how it turned out and picking out all of the pieces really was a great bonding experience for Dustyn and I. The love he already has for our baby girl just makes my heart melt! <3


~ Randi

Follow me on pinterest and instagram @rarich21

Comments

Post a Comment