Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 1st Birthday Party!


My princess is already ONE! Where does the time go?!?! I decided on a Twinkle Twinkle Little Star theme for her party because that's what I sing to her before bed. I used Pink, Gold, and Mint decor because that is what she has in her room and I LOVE how they look together.


I purchased the invitations here. They didn't match the star theme, but the colors were right and they were reasonably priced.


For the sign in table, I used a streamer kit from Michaels along with flowers and star confetti.


I made a welcome sign using Photoshop Elements asking guests to write Harper a message in her birthday book. I included some fun silver sharpies for them to use since the pages were a dark blue.


I also had a designated gift drop off near the door. I used this area to display Harper's monthly milestone pictures. I used a corner star punch on the pictures and hung them on some curling ribbon using pink,mint, and gold mini clothes pins that I found at Michaels.



I displayed her 1st Thanksgiving picture next to her recent fall picture to decorate the food area. I didn't get any pictures of the food, but my Mother-In-Law made star shaped grilled cheeses for the kids. 
The adults had tamales, chips, and queso along with a few other goodies.


My Mother-In-Law purchased the cake from a local bakery. She made the gold glitter stars and purchased the ribbon. I added some sugar sheet gold stars, piped Harper's name and added a glitter number one to the top. I had planned to do more, but I literally finished it minutes before the guests arrived. 


My Mother-In-Law had the idea to make a picture of Harper looking up at the stars. So I made one using Photoshop Elements and added some Twinkle Twinkle Little Star wording.

Harper & Her Daddy <3

For the mantle, I used scrapbook paper and curling ribbon to make a banner. I hung an identical one in the kitchen. I purchased the O-N-E letters from Michaels and then used the same scrapbook paper to decorate them. I blinged up the "N" with adhesive jewels that I found at Dollar Tree. I made the milestone board using Photoshop Elements and had it printed at CVS.





I decorated the high chair with balloons and a ONE banner that my cousin had made for her daughter's 1st birthday. Harper had a tutu in her closet so I cut it open and Dustyn transferred the tulle pieces from the elastic to curling ribbon. So much easier than making one from scratch!



I didn't get any good pictures of Harper's outfit. She wore a gold polka dot tutu that I got from Walmart. I had planned to make her a pink shirt with "ONE" in gold glitter heat transfer vinyl on it, but when I tried to put it on her to make sure it fit, the collar ripped from the shirt. (She is in the 100% for head circumference lol) So....I made a 7 am trip to Walmart to find a new one. I ended up with a white shirt with gold bows on it. The gold shoes are from Hobby Lobby. The crown headband is also from Hobby Lobby, but she didn't want to wear it.



I had asked everyone if they would be willing to bring a book instead of a card. I found some cute wording online and printed it on labels that I stuck to pretty gold Project Life cards. Pretty much everyone participated and I love that Harper will see their sweet notes every time she reads the books.


Did I mention there were five kids under 5 at this party?! Harper loved having her cousins to play with. They each helped her open 1 gift and then as a group helped her break them all in! haha!



                                           

I had planned to get a train or bounce house for entertainment, but with the threat of bad weather I decided not to. Luckily these kiddos found driving cars around the garage to be lots of fun!


I didn't have time to decorate the goody bags. (Story of my life!) So I stuck a cupcake sticker on each one and called it a day. I included cheese puffs, goldfish, star glasses, light up bouncy balls and bubbles. I gave the grown ups copies of Harper's fall and school pictures.


All in all, it was a fantastic first birthday party. 
Time to start a pinterest board for her second birthday. ;) 

~ Randi
Follow me on pinterest and instagram @rarich21




Comments

  1. Glad to know about your birthday and hope you had an amazing party. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my cousin’s birthday party at an exemplary venue NYC. Booked this venue from internet and they provided amazing discount as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment