A World of Hearts

By Quarantine Day 13, we were running out of new and exciting stuff to keep Harper engaged while also continuing her Pre-Kindergarten studies. However, I found something that even though we started it a week ago, she is still having fun with. Our dance studio posted on Instagram @Charadancefwd about the "A World of Hearts" movement. A nationwide movement to share love and encouragement with our neighbors. The concept is simple, decorate hearts and put them in your front window. Sounded easy enough and craft supplies is something I have an abundance of. Let's Do It!

I started by tracing hearts on folded sheets of construction paper for Harper to cut out. I thought this was a great opportunity to practice her scissor skills and hand-eye coordination.



Once she had all of the hearts cut out, I added another layer to our 
Pre-Kindergarten lesson of the day and had her sort them by color. 



At this point, I asked her if she wanted to decorate them and create a rainbow or layer them. She chose to layer them. I had her glue together all of the layers first and then go back and decorate them. We used sequins, glitter markers, eyeballs, pom poms...whatever I could find in her art supply bucket. I let her do all of the decorating and counted it as her Pre-Kindergarten Art lesson for the day. 




Once she was finished decorating, we let them dry and then taped them in our front windows. She loved telling her Daddy all about how she was helping people by spreading love and joy. 
Character lesson for the day, done! 


She asked me to help her make some extra hearts just to decorate for fun. She has been doing that ever since and then using them to make one of her many masterpieces. She loves to make pictures for people with stickers and drawings, so now she is adding the extra hearts to them.  <3



Follow Me On Instagram @RiseUpAndMom


Comments